So it’s still about 99 degrees outside right now, but of course I’m thinking about my favorite season ever, FALL! Or Autumn, whichever you prefer.
I love absolutely everything about Fall. Not that we have much of a true Fall in Florida, but we can pretend, can’t we? Besides, we do occasionally get some Fall color here! See, proof!
A few of my favorite things about Fall:
1. “Cooler” weather- Yes, it does cool off in Florida somewhat. And after the sweltering heat of August, there is no better feeling than that first little bit of coolness in the air when you step outside! Of course, some years it takes longer than others to get here, but when it does arrive it is glorious!
2. Pumpkin everything- Pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin bread, pumpkin cake, pumpkin butter…I once met someone who doesn’t like Pumpkin. I don’t get it.
3. FOOTBALL!!!- Specifically Florida Gators football, but really just football in general. I used to not really care about football, I would watch the Superbowl but that was about it. But then Adam and I started watching it together and I started understanding more about the game and I was hooked! There’s just something about it, the excitement, the team spirit, the athleticism, and the tradition. Our favorite is college ball, but we watch NFL too. Pretty much if football is on, I want to be watching it! We try to catch as many of the SEC games as we can, but we also enjoy watching teams from other conferences like Oklahoma State and Clemson.
4. The clothes- Even though I live in FL and we don’t get very cold, I still LOVE all things cozy, like boots, sweaters, jackets, long sleeves…Sigh…
5. The Fair- We go with a group of friends every year to the cutest little country fair you ever did see. We look at all of the animals, watch the 4H competition, and admire all of the adorable displays set up by local elementary schools. Then we consume mass quantities of funnel cake, corn dogs, cotton candy, and BBQ and follow all that up with a ride that spins us in circles until we feel naseous. It. is. awesome.
6. The movies- I have a list of “fall” movies we have to watch every year- The Adventures of Ichabod Crane; Haunted Mansion (the cheesy but awesome Disney ride turned movie); It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown; Sleepy Hollow (I just have to close my eyes for the gross parts), and Mad Monster Party.
7. The food and drinks-Everything is just more cozy, including the food! Fall equals comfort food galore! Pies, cakes, all kinds of chili, chicken and dumplings, caramel corn, apple butter, apple cider, hot cocoa, ginger snaps, sweet potatoes, anything involving cinnamon…
I could go on and on, but those are the highlights! What’s your favorite thing about Fall?